Thursday, June 24, 2010

On the Worst Part of My Day



True Loves,

Every morning after my aforementioned awesome night's sleep, I have to force myself to crawl out of the warm comfort of my bed and arise into the day (ariiise and seize the daay..."Newsies").

Many find comfort in the fact that not long after leaving their bed they will soon be in the steamy bliss of the shower. Not I. My Shower, here in Freiburg, a mere cell of a stall, hates consistency. On my worst day, I am less ADD than this shower.

Hot, Cold, Ho---BURNING, cold, the temperature has me doing moves akin to a chicken dance...or perhaps one of those odd mating dances those puffy birds do that always seem to be featured in Animal Planet features. And it has me in a catch-22! Often even on the coldest temperature the water feels like the boiling "Ramen Noodle" water I spilled on myself as a kid!

Needless to say, when I finally finish my bathing regimine I am far less refreshed than desired and far more irritated.

With Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment