Saturday, July 3, 2010

On the 4th of July



True Loves,

Holidays are the hardest thing for me when I am abroad. I have a really great network of people at home, people who are family, people who are like family, that I have the opportunity to celebrate with every year. I reconnect with friends from high school who still know me better than most others, and I get to celebrate with new friends who have fast become dear to me. I am blessed that I have such a wacky family that still manages to love each other. July 4th is particularly hard to miss because I can just hear my mom talking about how much she loves parades and what not. Oh and I'm missing the biggest BBQ of the year.

While I'll celebrate with my friends here I will absolutely be missing all of you back home in a big way tomorrow. So please know that you'll be in my thoughts, and hopefully I'll be in yours, and maybe we can meet half way.

With Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment