Friday, February 26, 2010

Final Countdown

My True Loves,

Here I am, the day before, the day before I leave. I find myself walking over to the room where my suitcase for Germany is located staring at it, leaving, and going on a trashy shopping excursion to calm my nerves. What do I mean by trashy? Let's just say I don't think I've been in any stores other than WalMart or the Dollar Tree in some time. And yes, I know, the labor and all that jazz, but the fact is yesterday I picked up some sweet Miley Cyrus sweat pant jeans for $7 and I'm proud, no pajama jean ( http://www.pajamajeans.com/ ) but good enough.

Admittedly, when I located that link for you all I got totally immersed in the infomercial and stopped blogging. Thoughts--do infomercials include big words just to make you think you're buying something not cheap, ridiculous, and unnecessary? The proprietary blend...

As I near the final days I've started to wonder what I'll miss most about the states and this little town. Certainly Bueno Y Sano, my favorite non-Mexican Mexican food restaurant, and watching my less than educated, more than entertaining, TV shows live--there's something sad about watching "The Real Housewives" on hulu. Naturally, my friends, family and boyfriend (and spooning with said boyfriend) and definitely American toilets.

Ah well, off to check the weather, again, and look at my suitcase a couple more times. Anyone have any hints on how to make 5 months worth of stuff fit into one suitcase and be under the weight limit?

With love,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. i got to have two bags that were 75 pounds and even that was pushing it. they actually dropped the international weight to 50 while i was in spain sooo... good luck? haha. honestly though, you don't need half of what you're going to bring. people told me that and i still brought it all anyways O:-). just remember to leave space for the large amount of useless stuff that you'll acquire and have to bring back at the end :).

    ReplyDelete