Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Life in a Suitcase

True Loves,

Two blogs in two days? No way! I'm mainly looking for an outlet to post all the stress--glad to know Catherine is experiencing it as well! My challenge today is trying to figure out how to pack my whole life into a suitcase and a carry on. Shoes are bulky and admittedly I probably don't need to bring as many clothes as I'm anticipating but it's frickin' Europe! Have to look fly!

Today I attempted to take the German placement test but for whatever reason it's not working. I e-mailed our UMASS home base lady, Regine, so hopefully that all gets sorted out. We'll have to wait and see!

I have this aching feeling the rest of these updates will just be about packing, so I suppose I can wait until I leave for Germany to provide you all with some snappy reading material.

Oh! And bachelor update, do we think Allie just wanted to make a dramatic comeback, do you think Jake will let her? Do we hate Vienna even more now? Isn't Gia wicked hot?! And Tenley is still totes his soulmate.

With Love,
Emily



3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Jess- I don't know if you remember me, but we talked while I was working at the DEFA Film Library. Catherine may have also mentioned that we are pals, and you may have spotted me at IPO meetings.

    I have my own bloggypoo which may or may not include rambling, half-assed things written about Germany: http://jesshale.wordpress.com/

    Anyway, I figured out the language test thing. Follow the directions from the e-mail until you have registered and have a password. Then, after you've logged in, click on "Register Test" from the menu on the left. Click "Weiter" and then select "Ohne Zertifikat." It gets fuzzy at this point, but I think after that you simply put in the TAN number from the e-mail, at which point it tells you to click on something else to take the test. It may or may not have been "Teilnahme," but in any case, it seemed like the logical thing to click on.

    If you want to get in touch, my AIM screen name is lescabbages, and on Skype I think I'm listed as jess.hale1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! Thanks for the advice but unfortunately its still not working. When I click Ohne Zertifikat it asks for my country, when I put USA in it automatically assumes I'm from Davidson, NC. It's getting quite frustrating but I'm in contact with whoever it is that runs the tests haha. Hopefully I get it sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it wants your location in the United States, or are you supposed to enter Freiburg? It may be choosing from a list of universities, and attempting to select Davidson College in NC.

    ReplyDelete