Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On PDA

True Loves,

Maybe it's because I'm American that sexuality and romance in the public gives me the willies, but after a month of being here I'm still not used to it. Face stroking, hand holding, cooing, whispering, kissing, kissing with tongue, stroking, the whole bit, I've seen it all. One of the things I've also noticed is that its mostly the men who initiate it. It always seems, to me, with my American eyes, that the ladies are a little pissed off and the men are dripping with affection. For instance, on the tram the other day I watched out of the corner of my eye as a young German girl sat in her seat with her arms crossed while her lover, seated across from her, reached out to her, looking at her with puppy dog eyes, rubbing her arms and shoulders like she was at risk for hypothermia. Luckily I've gotten used to tram motion and didn't vomit.

In other news, we went to the Thermal Baths yesterday. You should know, that this is the most euphoric activity. Its like being in a hot tub, the size of a small lake, with jets and waterfalls. More interesting than this, however, is the fact that we got flipped off when we were getting off the bus, presumably because we were American. Oh Germany.

With Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment